feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

The Times They Are A-Changin’

Labels: ,

To quote Bob Dylan:

The Times They Are A-Changin’

Indeed they are.

Effective April 4th, I’ll be changing employment to begin working as the Internet Marketing (something or other – not sure yet) at Germain. I’ve already put in my two weeks notice at People To My Site where I currently serve as the Director of SEO.

I just wanted to take some time to announce it here and assure my readers (all 200+) that I’ll be continuing my blog. This has been the primary reason for my inactivity lately. I’ve decided to take this precaution to avoid the mass panic and hysteria that I’m sure would follow the dissolution of the Agent SEO blog and brand!

Everyone can sleep well at night knowing that I’ll continue to plug away here with quality SEO tips and occasional rants. I wouldn’t normally take these types of precautions, but my following is so die-hard that I didn’t want anyone to lose their minds and go off the deep end. So there that is. Just kidding by the way (like anyone would lose sleep over this little thing).

The real purpose of this post is to take an opportunity to thank People To My Site. Without them, I would have never been able to cut out my little slice of the world (i.e. my blog) or gain the amazing professional experience that their company allowed. In my 3 years with the company, I’ve had the great pleasure of working with awesome clients and even better people – not to mention the cool perk of being able to bring my dog “Rocky” to work every day for the last 1.5 years!

I’ll definitely miss and reminisce about some of the best moments including Christmas Karaoke, “Grilled Cheese Wednesday” Softball, Pot Lucks, Dog Parties, NCAA Tourney Pools, and just shooting the shit with good people.

As an organization they supported my blog and the development of my personal brand, and even supported much greater causes like helping me in my efforts to donate warm winter clothing to needy school children this past Winter! I am ever grateful.

The people at PTMS are all top-notch, and I consider them all to be my friends! So, thank you….

Jen Ridenour, Jason Walker, Guy Jacks, Ben Clarke, Brendin & Jessica King, Zack Singer, Mike Wright, Jared McKinley, Drew Krebs, Andy Anaya, Mike Ashcraft, Terrence Tuy, Sean Hill, Karin Oliver Kreft, Scott Sharkey, Bob Masters, Larry Blagg, and of course my right-hand man Aaron Flax (also a groomsman in my wedding)!

I’m really going to miss working with all of you guys, and the chance to bring my dog to work!

And to those employees that have moved on to other opportunities but who I became great friends with, thank you…

Steve White, Nate Riggs, Cheryl Harrison, Robby Herbst, Gabriel Escamilla, Arlette Garay, Chris Wright, Monica Leck, Sara Kear, Hedy Asal, Josh Boles, Josh “Butters” Wilson, Chris Johnson, Dave Schirtzinger, Dan Weatherby, and I’m sure there are a few more!

(I hope I spelled all last names right, and I tried to link to all who had Twitter handles)

If your name was mentioned above – it is because you are awesome! To anyone looking to connect with great people, I’d recommend getting to know each and every one of them as they are all high-quality!

As for my new opportunity, I must admit I’m very excited and very nervous.

My excitement comes from chance I’ll have to continue to do SEO, while getting the opportunity to also do Social Media, Web & Graphic Design (my true passions), and more.

My nervousness comes from a general fear of change, up to and including missing my friends (and hoping the PTMS continues to do well after I leave), missing bringing my dog to work, and the change in the every day reality that has been my life for the last three years.

Whatever the outcome, it WILL be a shock to my system initially as is the case with any big change or transition.

Do I think I’ll do great work at my new job? Hell yes. Am I sad to leave the awesome people I work with now? Hell yes. Will the change to my every day reality take time to get used to? I’m sure it will.

Most importantly, will I be happy? I think yes :-)

I’ve heard that they say in order for a door to open, another must close. This is absolutely true, but it sure can leave an empty feeling when you do close some doors. Here’s hoping that everyone does well, and that we see each other often. Although the paths of our journeys are now changing, they’ll be sure to cross again some day.

Okay enough with the mushy philosophical stuff!

Check back soon for some good-old SEO awesomeness!!!

My related posts plugin has broken. I am currently searching for a replacement. Hold tight until then and use the search box in the siebar.

Why not subscribe to receive updates right to your inbox? If you're looking to learn more about Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media, or Wordpress then I promise it will be worth your time! I won't share your email or use it to send you spam. That's just not my style...


View the original article here





0 comments:

Post a Comment